Working through the Tribes module in the “5 Habits of Highly Creative Teachers” MOOC, had to create a couple lists, here they are:
Things I would tell my 16 year old self
- Get a job
- Don’t measure the skills you pursue in terms of perceived future financial gains
- Stop and look around. Don’t get too caught up on what will be happening next.
- Do something that scares you as often as you can
- Don’t worry about what other people think. Be true to yourself.
Last Week’s Grocery List – probably forgot a few things, these were the main items
- honey nut cheerios
- granola bars
- salted chocolate
- cheddar cheese
- hot dogs
- hot dog buns
- rice cakes
- peanut butter
- ham and smoked turkey for sandwiches
- chocolate chips
If I didn’t have to go to work – well, I am actually on strike right now, I work in the Victoria school district, British Columbia, Canada, and we have been on strike for the past 2 weeks, fighting for smaller class sizes and more support for our students. I have had a bit more extra time because of this.
- sign up for a course (another MOOC perhaps)
- spend time tending to the garden
- play guitar
- read comic books (and book books)
- build something out of wood.